I have been sorely lacking on updating Battling the Homefront. I must apologize for this. Life has been getting in the way of my posting on here. Buying a new home, moving into it and making it our own has been eating up most of my time. I must say though, I am loving being homeowners! Working on the house is very rewarding.
My son is also about to embark on his journey into kindergarten in a couple of weeks and I am finding this to be much harder on me than I anticipated! My baby is growing up! I feel as if my heart is breaking in a small way. He will no longer be with me every minute of most days. He will be off on his own learning and growing into the young boy he is meant to be. I will very much be missing him during school hours and I know for certain his two year old sister won't know what to do with herself with her brother gone during the day. Though I will miss him I am so proud of him! I can't wait to see what the school year hold for him!
Today I want to share with you a new recipe I have come up with. It is a very healthy, clean and delicious recipe!
100% Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cups raw honey or pure maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup whole milk
1/2 vanilla yogurt (I used homemade but store bought works great too!)
1 1/3 cups fresh blueberries
Pre heat oven to 350*
Makes 12 muffins
1. Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together yogurt, honey, egg, milk and coconut oil.
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl. Stir together until mostly smooth. A few lumps are fine.
5. Carefully fold in blueberries.
6. Pour batter into muffin cups until 2/3 full.
7. Bake muffins on middle oven rack until tops are golden brown. About 20-25 mins (checking after 15mins. Everyone's ovens are different.) They will be done when you can insert a toothpick into the center of the muffin and it comes out clean. Cool in pan before removing.
Enjoy these! They are a big hit with my family!