4 frozen buffalo chicken breasts (I used Tyson you could make your own but this is already so involved this way is easier and takes less time)
6 cups elbow macaroni
1 3/4cup Franks wing sauce
2/3cup sour cream
2 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 stick plus 3tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
8oz shredded pepper jack cheese
24oz shredded orange cheddar cheese
2 small onions diced
4 stalks of celery diced
2 cloves minced garlic
seasoned bread crumbs (optional I did not use them)
jar of your favorite blue cheese dressing
1. Cook your frozen buffalo chicken breasts according to package they came in. Once they are done cut them into cubes. In a large pot boil water for macaroni. Once boiling add macaroni and cook until al dente. Drain. While pasta is cooking dice your onion and celery stalks.
Celery and Onion
2. In a large pan melt 3tbsp of butter. Add celery and onion cook until soft and translucent in color.Add chicken and 3/4 cup of Franks wing sauce. Cook until well mixed and thick.
cook celery and onion
add in chicken and franks wing sauce. doesn't that look yummy?
3. Pre heat oven to 350. In a large pot melt 4tbsp of butter. Add 2 tbsp of flour and whisk until smooth. Add in cream and 1 cup of wing sauce, whisk together.
This is how it should look
4. Add in cheeses and whisk until smooth. This takes a while and is a work out!
Whisk in cheese
5. Whisk in sour cream. Stir in veggies and chicken. Add in pasta and stir until everything is coated in sauce.
Stir in sour cream, veggies and chicken.
Mix in pasta
6. Spoon into a 9x13 pan or two smaller pans. This is where you would sprinkle the top with bread crumbs. I did not use them because my husband does not like bread crumbs on his mac and cheese. Cook at 350 for 20-25 mins.
Spoon into pan and bake in oven
6. Spoon on to plate and drizzle with blue cheese dressing.